Written byPatrick Meyer
What You Need to Know About Neteller
Neteller is an online payment method which makes online transactions easy and secure. It is widely accepted by many betting sites in South Africa, offering a safe and secure way to deposit and withdraw funds.
Neteller is an e-wallet service founded in 1999 and owned by the Paysafe Group, located in London, United Kingdom and has been processing gambling payments as early as 2000. It allows customers to conveniently store funds and make payments online. It is a popular choice among South African bettors due to its low fees, quick transactions, and high security.
How Does Neteller Work?
Using Neteller to deposit funds into your betting account is quick and easy. All you need to do is sign up for a free Neteller account and make a deposit using your credit or debit card. Once you have registered and verified your account, you can add it as your preferred payment method at your favourite betting site and transfer funds to your betting account. All transactions are completed in a matter of seconds, allowing you to start betting right away.
How to Open A Neteller Account in South Africa? A Step-by-Step Guide
Here is a step-by-step guide to help you get started with Neteller:
- Visit the Neteller website and select ‘Sign Up’.
- Provide your email address, choose a secure password, and select your country of residence.
- Enter your personal information, including your name, date of birth and address.
- Select the currency you want to use and click ‘Continue’.
- Complete the verification process by providing proof of identity and address.
- Once your account is verified, you can now select a payment method to fund your Neteller account.
- Once your Neteller account is funded, you can start transacting with any of the best Neteller betting sites.
Neteller App is a secure, easy-to-use app that you can use to make payments and deposits to online betting sites. You can easily link your Neteller account to your bank account or credit card, and you can use your Neteller balance to make payments and deposits at a range of online betting sites that accept Neteller.
There are many other advantages to using Neteller, including, easily keeping track of your transactions, monitoring your account balance, and setting up payment limits. You can add your contacts, that's useful in case you use it to pay for a gift and want to split the cost between several people.
It also has built-in crypto capabilities, which means you can trade on the go in the exciting crypto world, or use cryptocurrency to fund your bets. You can also set automatic orders or recurring purchases. To download the Neteller App, simply search the Apple Store and Google Play.
Neteller Costs and Fees Associated With Online Betting
The fees are dependent on the type of account you have. On registration, you will have a Neteller Standard account, but you can move up to a Neteller True or a Neteller VIP account.
With the Neteller True account, you will have access to lower money transfer fees. To move to this level you will need to download the Neteller mobile app and log into it, verify your identity, and make a successful deposit via credit or debit card or a bank account. Joining the Neteller True account is completely free of charge.
- Service fee: opening a Neteller account is free as long as you log in and make 1 transaction every 6 months. Otherwise, there will be USD 5.00 (ZAR 85 approximately).
- Depositing to your Neteller account can vary depending on where the money is sent, most of the options are 2.5% except for a few exceptions which are 0.99%.
The same applies to withdrawals:
- A bank transfer will cost you $10 (ZAR 175 approximately).
- Mastercard: between 0-7.5%
- Visa: between 0-7.5%
- Merchant sites: Free
- Money Transfer: 2.99% or a minimum fee of $0.50 (ZAR 8 approximately).
- Skrill: 3.49%
- Neteller Standard account money transfers: 2.99%
- Neteller True account money transfers:1.45%
- Sending money Neteller to Neteller: 2.99% or a minimum fee of $0.50 (ZAR 8 approximately).
- Receiving money is free.
- Buying and selling cryptocurrency: 1.5%
- Crypto P2p: 0.50% per transaction.
Neteller Betting Bonuses
Currently, there are no Neteller-specific bonuses available.
Why Choose Neteller as a Payment Method? The Pros & Cons of Neteller Betting
Neteller is a popular choice for betting payments due to its fast and secure transaction process. However, there are also some potential drawbacks to using Neteller to fund your bankroll, including potential fees and the fact that not all betting sites accept this payment method. Overall, the decision to use Neteller for betting online ultimately depends on an individual's personal preferences and priorities.
Below, we break down the good and the bad of using Neteller for betting sites.
- Well-established and reputable payment provider
- Available in South Africa
- Secure payments
- Fast processing times
- Low fees
- Widely accepted at a variety of betting sites in SA, so you can easily find a site that suits your needs.
- There may be fees for depositing and withdrawing funds, which can reduce your winnings.
- Some Neteller betting sites may impose a waiting period before you can withdraw your winnings.
- Security measures can be inconvenient, as users must provide details such as their address and phone number.
- Neteller may be unavailable in some countries, so you won't be able to use it for betting online when travelling to certain destinations.
How to Deposit at Betting Sites Using Neteller
- Firstly, make sure there are enough funds in your Neteller account.
- Create an account with a betting site that accepts Neteller deposits.
- Go to the banking section on your sportsbook.
- Select Neteller as your depositing option.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit.
- Enter the email address linked to your Neteller account.
- Confirm the payment.
- Your funds should be credited to your betting account immediately.
What Is the Processing Time for Neteller Deposits?
Deposits made from Neteller to your sportsbook account will be almost instant, some sportsbooks might take 24 hours to reflect the deposit. We recommend that before opening your sportsbook account, you should confirm depositing and withdrawal times either via support channels or by reviewing their terms and conditions pages.
What Is the Minimum Amount You Can Deposit using Neteller?
This will depend on the limits set by the bookmaker, some will request a minimum deposit of R100, and others can request R200. Once again, confirm this with the Sportsbook operator before signing up and depositing.
How to Withdraw Money From Neteller in South Africa
Some sportsbooks will only allow you to withdraw your winnings with the same method that you used to make your deposit. When you register with any bookmaker, check the terms in your account.
- Go to the cashier section on your sportsbook.
- Select Neteller as your withdrawal option.
- Enter the amount you’d like to withdraw.
- Enter the Neteller email address.
- Confirm the transaction.
- Your funds should be credited to your Neteller account in 24 or 48 hours, depending on the bookmaker.
What Is the Processing Time for Neteller Withdrawals?
The time to process a withdrawal will largely depend on the betting site. Using Neteller should be one of the fastest methods available, some operators assure the processing time is immediate, while others could take a bit longer, generally between 1 and 2 hours. In most cases, you should have your winnings in 24 h after being approved.
What Is the Minimum Amount You Can Withdraw Using Neteller?
This will be determined by the sportsbook, most betting sites will have a $12 (ZAR 200 approximately) minimum. This will be stated in the withdrawal terms and conditions on their website.
Neteller vs Skrill South Africa
Neteller and Skrill are two of the most popular e-wallet services in South Africa. Both offer secure and fast payments, as well as excellent customer support.
Neteller and Skrill offer similar features, such as the ability to deposit and withdraw money. However, there are some key differences between the two. For example, Neteller is widely accepted by online betting sites, while Skrill is less popular with bookmakers and casinos. Additionally, Neteller offers lower transaction fees than Skrill, making it a more affordable option.
In terms of customer service, both services offer 24/7 support, although Neteller offers more options to reach their customer service agents. For example, Neteller offers phone, email, and live chat support, while Skrill only offers email and live chat.
Overall, both Neteller and Skrill are exceptional payment services for South Africans, but Neteller is the better choice for those looking for more betting sites to choose from. Neteller has lower fees, wider acceptance, and more customer service options, so in most cases, Neteller is the provider we would recommend for South Africans.
Is Online Betting With Neteller Safe?
SA punters can rest assured that online betting with Neteller is safe and secure. Neteller is a trusted payment service provider that is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). The company is held to high-security standards and employs the latest encryption technology to protect users’ personal and financial details from unauthorized access.
Neteller also offers an extra layer of security to its users. All withdrawals and deposits are monitored by Neteller’s advanced fraud-detection system. As an added safety measure, Neteller requires users to provide additional verification documents before processing transactions.
Neteller Alternatives Worth Checking Out
If you are looking for alternative payment options to Neteller for your betting needs, you should definitely check out Skrill, Paysafecard, and EcoPayz. All three of these options are widely accepted at betting sites and offer fast and secure transactions.
No matter which payment method you choose, make sure you do your research and choose one that suits your needs. All three of these payment options are reliable and are great alternatives to Neteller.
Skrill is a leading e-wallet provider that is accepted at a number of betting sites. It allows you to transfer funds quickly and securely, making it a great option for online betting.
Paysafecard is a prepaid card that can be used to make deposits at betting sites. It is accepted at most betting sites and is a great alternative to Neteller.
EcoPayz is an e-wallet solution that is widely accepted at betting sites. It offers fast and secure transactions, making it a great choice for online betting.
Is Neteller available in South Africa?
Yes, Neteller is available in South Africa. Many betting sites accept Neteller as a payment method, so you can easily find the best Neteller betting sites for your needs. With Neteller, you can quickly and securely deposit funds into your betting account, allowing you to start playing right away.
Which sites accept Neteller?
Most sites accept Neteller, if you are looking for a reputable bookmaker that uses Neteller, check our list of top betting sites that accept Neteller. Each sportsbook has been thoroughly tested to meet our strict standards.
How can I fund my Neteller account?
Funding a Neteller account is easy. Simply log in to the Neteller website, select 'Deposit' and choose the payment method you wish to use. You can then enter the amount you wish to deposit and confirm the transaction. It's that simple!
Is Neteller trustworthy?
Yes, Neteller is a trusted e-wallet payment system that many betting sites accept. It is a secure way to make deposits and withdrawals. They have been operating since 1999 and are regulated by the FCA.
Do Neteller transactions have associated fees?
Yes, Neteller transactions may incur fees. Be sure to check the terms and conditions of each betting site that accepts Neteller before making any deposits. The Neteller website also offers a breakdown of fees depending on the nature of the transaction.
Does bet365 accept Neteller?
Bet365 is a very reputable betting brand, however, they do not accept players from South Africa at this time.
How long do Neteller withdrawals take?
Withdrawing from your sportsbook to your Neteller account can take 1-2 hours, some sites might take up to 24 hours. When withdrawing from your Neteller account to your bank account, it typically takes 1 to 5 business days to process.
What is the maximum withdrawal limit in Neteller?
You can find the withdrawal limits in the Money Out section of your Neteller account, under the respective withdrawal option.
Is Skrill better than Neteller?
That depends on the user's preferences. Both have their pros and cons, and both can be trusted for secure transactions with betting sites in South Africa.
Have You Found What You're Looking for?
Your feedback is paramount!