Written byPatrick Meyer
Top Legal Betting Sites That Accept Bank Transfers
- Crash Games
- SA license
- Local banking methods
- Great odds
- Great Welcome Offer
- Excellent Support
- Fantastic bonuses
- Trusted Banking Methods
- Great on Smartphone
What Makes the Best Wire Transfer Betting Sites
Most online sportsbooks in South Africa allow deposits and withdrawals to fund players online betting accounts through wire transfers. Before deciding on which betting site to join, there are a few factors that you should consider.
The very first step in deciding whether to sign up to an online betting site in South Africa is determining if the betting operator is reliable and trustworthy. Make sure that the sportsbook is licensed and regulated by a reputable gaming authority and holds a valid gambling licence for your jurisdiction.
The South African betting site you choose must also use state-of-the-art encryption technology that protects your personal and financial information. Ensure the website is SSL encrypted, which can be easily verified by the lock icon in your browser's address bar.
It's important to select a site with a good reputation in the industry, as this can be an indication of the site's reliability and trustworthiness. Check which company owns and operates the betting site and if they have a long-standing reputation in the iGaming industry. Online player reviews will often reveal whether that particular operator can be trusted or not.
Betting sites all have their own terms and conditions as it relates to bonuses and payment methods that you choose to use. Always check if the conditions relating to deposits and withdrawals are fair and transparent.
A good wire transfer betting site should have responsive and helpful customer support that is available to assist you with any issues or questions you may have. Check if the sportsbook has a dedicated customer service team that can easily be reached. Live chat is preferable, but they should at least have an email and in some cases, a telephone number to contact should you have any queries or issues.
Overall, the best wire transfer betting sites will offer a combination of security, convenience, and exceptional support for their users.
The Pros and Cons of Betting Sites that Accept Bank Transfers
Betting sites that accept bank transfers are a popular payment option for punters in South Africa as banks are a trusted source for many people. This banking method allows players a secure and easy way to fund their accounts. However, there are some pros and cons to using bank transfers for betting.
Below, we will break down the benefits and drawbacks of using this payment method.
Advantages of Wire Transfer for Betting
There are several advantages to using EFT (electronic fund transfer) for betting:
- Security: Wire transfers are generally considered a very secure and reliable payment method, as they involve transferring funds directly from one bank account to another. This can provide an additional layer of security compared to using a credit or debit card, which can be more vulnerable to fraud.
- Convenience: Wire transfers can be a convenient option for South Africans who do not have a credit or debit card, or who prefer not to use these methods for online payments.
- High limits: Some wire transfer betting sites may have higher deposit and withdrawal limits compared to other payment methods, allowing users to transfer larger sums of money at once.
- Widely accepted: Many online betting sites accept wire transfers, making it a widely available option for most betting enthusiasts.
Downsides of Wire Transfers for Betting
There are also some potential downsides to using EFT for betting:
- Fees: Depending on the bank account that you have, you might be charged per transaction by your bank, if that's the case you will have to pay a fee for each wire transfer. Normally, betting sites don’t charge a fee when using wire transfers, but some betting sites might. These fees can vary depending on the amount being transferred and the specific bank or site involved.
- Time: Wire transfers can take longer to process compared to other payment methods, such as credit or debit cards or web and crypto wallets. This can be a drawback for users who want to access their funds and start betting right away.
- Difficulty with reversals: It can be difficult to reverse a wire transfer once it has been completed. This can be a problem if you make a mistake or want to cancel the transfer for any reason.
- Inconvenience: If you don’t have your internet banking or telephone banking activated, you will need to visit a branch of your bank in person to instruct the teller to do an EFT on your behalf.
Overall, while wire transfers can be a secure and convenient option for some users, they may not be the best choice for everyone, depending on the specific circumstances and needs of the user.
How to Initiate Bank Transfers
First and foremost, you will need to have a bank account and online banking activated. If you have these set up already, follow the instructions below to transfer funds to your betting account.
How to Deposit at Betting Sites Via Wire Transfer
Each bookmaker might have slightly different steps, but most sites will have a similar process.
Depositing from your sports bookmaker:
- Log into your sportsbook.
- Go to the “My Account” or “cashier” section
- Select “deposit funds”.
- Select “EFT” as your deposit method.
- Enter your bank details.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit.
- Tap on “Deposit Now”.
- A secure pop-up from your bank will appear to approve the transaction.
- Depending on your bank, the transaction can take up to 3 business days to complete.
You can also make an EFT payment from your banking app, just make sure that your selected sportsbook is listed when you select the recipient.
Making an EFT from your FNB app:
- Log into your online banking app.
- Navigate to Once off payments.
- Select Public Recipient.
- Search for the name of your sportsbook.
- Enter your sportsbook account number (your mobile number) as the recipient reference.
- Complete the transaction
Making an EFT from your ABSA app:
- Log into your Absa app.
- Tap on the “Pay” section, then select “Pay new beneficiary”.
- Tap “Pay bill”.
- Choose your sportsbook from the select institution field and complete the remaining two fields.
- Enter your sportsbook Account Number (your mobile number) as your Bill Account Number.
- Tap Next.
- Your selected sportsbook will be added to your list of beneficiaries.
- You can now make a deposit into your sportsbook wallet.
Making an EFT from your Standard Bank app:
- Log into your Standard Bank app.
- Tap the Pay section.
- Select Add new beneficiary
- Tap “A bank-approved company”.
- Search for your chosen sportsbook.
- Enter your sportsbook account number (your mobile number) as your reference.
- Enter the OTP (one-time pin) that you will receive on your cellphone linked with your Standard Bank account.
- Your selected sportsbook should now be available as a beneficiary.
- Tap “Pay” to make your deposit.
Making an EFT from your Nedbank app:
- Log into your Nedbank app.
- Tap on the “Pay” section
- Select the “Single Payment” option.
- Tap on the “Search” button
- Select “Bank Approved”
- Search for sportsbook and tap “Next”
- Enter the amount you want to deposit.
- Enter your sportsbook account number (your mobile number) as the recipient reference.
- Complete the transaction.
Wire Transfer Deposit Speed
Depending on the bank and also the bookmaker, ordinarily electronic funds transfers take between 48 and 72 hours to reflect in the recipient's bank account.
What Is the Minimum Amount You Can Deposit using EFT?
Each betting house will have different limits, you can find a sportsbook that allows an R50 deposit and others that have a higher limit of R100 or more. Check the website's depositing terms to clarify the minimum deposit amount.
How to Withdraw Money Using Bank Wire in South Africa
Withdrawing your funds from a bank transfer betting site is generally a straightforward process. The specific process may vary slightly depending on the site you are using, but generally, it will involve the following steps:
- Log in to your account and navigate to “My Account” or “Banking.”
- Find the withdrawal section and select EFT as your withdrawal method, it’s possible that your sportsbook also offers SID EFT (This is another payment option and shouldn't be confused with a wire transfer). You may be prompted to provide your bank account information, such as your account number.
- Enter the amount that you would like to withdraw. Some sportsbook sites may have a minimum withdrawal limit and a daily or weekly maximum withdrawal limit, check the terms and conditions for clarity.
- Submit the request. The betting site will then process the withdrawal, which may take several business days to complete. Some sites may ask for additional verification documents, like your ID or a utility bill, before processing the withdrawal.
- Once the withdrawal is processed, the funds will be transferred to your bank account.
Pro Tip: Make sure to FICA your account ahead of time to avoid having to verify your details when requesting a withdrawal. Some betting operators even offer FICA bonuses for verifying your account.
Depending on your bank's processing time, it may take a few business days for the funds to be credited to your account. It's a good idea to check the betting site's terms and conditions before requesting a withdrawal to know the specifics of the process.
Also, it's critical to verify that you are withdrawing the funds to the same bank account that you used to deposit the funds. If you do not have access to the bank account or if it's closed, the withdrawal may be denied.
We recommend reaching out to support if you have any issues or concerns regarding wire transfer withdrawals.
Bank Wire Withdrawal Speed
An electronic funds transfer typically takes between 3 and 5 business days to be reflected in the recipient's bank account, depending on the bank and bookmaker involved.
What Is the Minimum Amount You Can Withdraw Using EFT?
The minimum and maximum amounts that you can withdraw will entirely depend on your bookmaker, they set the limits for the withdrawals and deposits. As always, check their banking terms and conditions or reach out to their support team for more information.
Deposit & Withdrawal Transaction Limits & Fees
Transaction limits and fees for deposits and withdrawals on betting sites in South Africa can vary depending on the specific site you are using. Some sites may have a minimum and maximum deposit and withdrawal limits in place, while others may charge fees for certain types of transactions.
It is important to carefully review the terms and conditions of any betting site you use to understand their policies on transaction limits and fees. It may also be helpful to compare the policies of different sites to find the one that best fits your needs.
Wire Transfer Betting Sites: Our Conclusion
Wire transfers are a common payment method for funding betting accounts in South Africa. Some advantages of using EFT for betting include the high level of security they offer, as well as the fact that they can be used to transfer large sums of money. However, wire transfers can also have some drawbacks for betting. They may take longer to process than other payment methods, and some banks and financial institutions may charge fees for wire transfers.
Overall, whether wire transfers are worth it as a payment method for betting will depend on your individual needs and preferences. If security and the ability to transfer large sums of money are important to you, then wire transfers may be a good option. On the other hand, if you require faster transaction times and want to avoid fees, you may want to consider alternative payment methods such as cryptocurrencies. More alternatives are discussed below.
Alternatives to Wire Transfer for Online Sports Betting
There are several alternative payment methods available to South African punters for funding online sports betting accounts. Some options to consider include:
- Credit cards: Many betting sites accept major credit cards like Visa and Mastercard for deposits. Credit card transactions are generally fast and secure, although some sites may charge fees for using this method.
- Debit cards: Debit cards work similarly to credit cards and are accepted by many betting sites. Debit card transactions are mostly fast and secure, and they may also be less expensive than credit cards as they do not incur interest charges.
- E-wallets: E-wallets, such as PayPal and Neteller, are digital payment platforms that allow you to store money and make online transactions. They offer a high level of security and can be used to fund betting accounts quickly and easily.
- OTT Vouchers: You can purchase an OTT voucher for the value you desire in many stores throughout South Africa: Boxer Superstores, Kazang, Makro, Game and GloCell outlets all offer these vouchers.
- SID (Secure Instant Deposit) EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) is a payment method that allows users to transfer money from their bank account to an online merchant without the need to enter their banking details. SID EFT is a convenient and secure way to make online payments, and it is accepted by many merchants in South Africa.
It is important to carefully review the terms and conditions of each payment method you are considering using to clearly understand any fees or restrictions that may apply.
What online banks accept wire transfers?
Most banks accept EFT, including FNB, ABSA, Standard Bank, and Nedbank.
Why should I use bank transfer betting sites?
Bank transfers are a secure and reliable way to transfer funds. Because the transaction is processed through a bank, it is subject to the same security measures as any other bank transfer. Also, EFTs are widely accepted by most betting sites. This means that you will have a greater range of options when it comes to choosing a site to use.
Which are the best bank transfer betting sites?
Check our list of best betting sites that accept wire transfers for reputable and trustworthy sportsbooks that accept South African players.
Are bank transfers a safe way to deposit into an online gambling account?
EFT is considered to be one of the safest ways to deposit funds into an online gambling account. The bank processes these transactions and establishes the safest protocols in their execution, this means that your personal and financial information is protected and less likely to be compromised.
Are there any charges for using bank transfers?
This depends on your bank, and the type of account that you have, if you have a pay-per-transaction account, you will have a fee for every transaction. If you have a flat rate for your account, you might have unlimited EFTs. Normally, betting houses don’t charge commissions for EFT, but you should check the payment methods page before using it.
How can I withdraw my funds at bank transfer betting sites?
The process is very similar to making a deposit. First login to your sportsbook, go to the cashier or your account area and select Withdraw Funds. In the next step, Choose EFT and introduce your banking details and enter the amount you’d like to withdraw. Finally, click on accept. Your withdrawal will be in your bank account within 3 to 5 days.
Have You Found What You're Looking for?
Your feedback is paramount!